Creative Hub Workshop - Sustainable Packaging
We invite professionals to submit their expressions of interest to attend our next Creative Hub event – a workshop to explore the theme ‘Sustainable Packaging’.
- Where: East Building (EB 0.05), the University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY (see map)
- When: Monday 17 April 2023, 10-4PM (lunch will be provided from 12-1PM, with the workshop starting at 10PM)
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Making packaging more sustainable by removing single-use plastics from the supply chain is one of the largest global sustainability challenges. Increasing legislation and extended user responsibilities are driving the need not only for innovation in this sector, but for the demonstration and rollout of more sustainable solutions at scale. The scale of the challenge has the potential to attract significant funding from Government and industry partners and also from Pension Funds.
Addressing this grand challenge will require innovation across the supply chain – in developing new biopolymers and materials, but also in digital technologies, engineering, materials and recovery processes, which need a complete eco-system to be brought together, aligned and clustered.
Developments in technology and scale-up will need to be supported by legislation and standardisation, demonstration, scale-up and rollout, and further building the eco-system and the market.
This creates significant opportunities for iCAST company members to create early-stage solutions and get support in bringing these technologies to market through Joint Industry Projects.
To address this global challenge, the Centre for Process Innovation (CPI) has been working with partners and large companies across the supply chain to develop the Packaging Initiative (PI) and, through their challenge-led business model, to:
- Provide access to industrially relevant capabilities and expertise for packaging innovation development and demonstration
- Facilitate collaboration across current, and future packaging supply and value chains
- Catalyse an eco-system for growth and productivity through opportunities presented by disruptive and market-creating innovation and its commercialisation
IS THIS EVENT FOR ME?
The workshop calls professionals interested in sustainable packaging from companies who represent the problem owners in the sector, to :
- Map out the problems comprehensively, defining challenges and needs in developing the sustainable packaging eco-system in the UK
- Produce a series of defined problem statements/themes/inputs to work programme development that can be taken forward by CPI/PI and iCAST